Sep 9, 2019
“We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
As a small business owner, leader, and person, I can spend a lot of time on things that really don't provide any value OR don't bring me any joy. Actually, just the opposite. They can stress me out and zap all of my energy.
On this episode, I'm talking with A.J. Sue. He's a small business coach and really cool guy. We talk a lot about how to divest yourself of things that aren't working for you and to focus in on the things that you like, what you're good at, and what will provide the real value....in your life and in your leadership.
I know you'll dig him as much as I did. We had a lot of fun!
More on AJ (in his own words)...
I’m a Husband, Dad, and Small Business Coach. I’m a Woodworker,
Rollerblader, & Bacon Lover. But I am mostly just a SUPER
CURIOUS GUY who Asks a Lot of Powerful Questions to Help People
Deal with Their Head-Junk to Have More Fun and be More Successful
in life and business.
WHAT I DO...I help People:
• Use their SUPER HERO SKILLS
• Do WHAT THEY LOVE
• HAVE MORE FUN (Everyday!)
WHY I DO IT
• I am just wired to want to help people help themselves.
HOW I DO IT
• 1-1 coaching sessions
• Powerful process improvement
• Presentations and workshops
MY SUPER HERO STRENGTHS
• Asking Inter-Galactically Powerful Questions
• Applying Massively Memorable Metaphors
• Kryptonite Splitting ability to break big challenges into smaller bits
THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ME
• I work better w/o the suit and tie
• I don’t care about the 3rd decimal
• I don’t like power point decks
FOUR THINGS I BELIEVE
• People are SMART. they have the answers but need the questions.
• The GREAT Stuff is between Machetes and Chainsaws.
• Everyone is NOT your customer.
• Trust is KING
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT ME
• AJ's insight, and depth of analysis was incredibly helpful, what he taught me today has put my business way ahead.~Charles
• AJ helps me think harder, deeper, and smarter. His clients succeed, not despite, but because of who they are. ~Marvin
• AJ has been a real asset to our business, he helped us form our future vision, and his counsel has helped us be a smarter company. ~Jocelyn
• AJ is incredibly intelligent. His people skills, rare mix of info/tech skills, and practical business savvy, helps clients get where they need to go ~John
THE WORK I DO
• Business Coaching
• Financial & Operations Processes and Management
• Strategic Retail Testing (APT)
Connect with him on Linkedin here